United Way offers a hands-on internship experience for communications students majoring in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations.
Interns will assist the Marketing and Communications team on planning and implementing special events, writing assignments, general office tasks, etc.
Internship opportunities are available during spring, summer, and fall semesters. Past interns have hailed from such colleges as University of North Florida, Jacksonville University, Vanderbilt University and Hollins University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Vice President of Marketing and Communications on special projects including market research and strategy development.
- Assist Communications Manager in the writing of media releases and news articles, conducting on-location photo shoots, and preparation and implementation of special events such as media conferences and community-wide programs.
- Maintain media clippings book representing media coverage for United Way of Northeast Florida.
To learn more or schedule an interview, contact Sarah at 390-3221.
- Must be a student seeking a BA or BS degree in communications or related fields
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Desktop publishing skills a plus
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task and have good time management skills