Across the country, leadership giving is the fastest growing segment of company workplace campaigns. Recent surveys suggest companies with a leadership giving program have a 20 percent higher employee per capita giving than companies not using this technique. In the 2010 campaign, leadership giving at United Way of Northeast Florida represented nearly 56 percent of the total employee contributions.
Benefits of Leadership Giving
- Access to new resources - New dollars from leadership giving donations enhance the ability of United Way to efficiently respond to emerging community needs.
- Recognition of new community leaders - Leadership donors and volunteers gain recognition for their charitable activities and are recognized as potential community leaders.
- Increased Community Spirit - Leadership donors have increased pride in the community and desire to participate in community activities.
- Community awareness - A formal leadership giving program incorporates better communication, increases understanding and awareness of community needs.
- Positive Image - Leadership donors are perceived as positive role models for their peers which may increase the level of participation and total dollars raised throughout the community.
- Personal Satisfaction - As a leadership donor, you are giving back to the community. You are creating positive, lasting changes in the lives of children and families every day.
- Positive Image - Demonstrates a company-wide commitment to improving the lives in our community.
- Employee Performance - Leadership giving activities encourage teamwork and enhance relationships by connecting employess with a shared vision and passion.
- More Resources - A company's overall United Way campaign increases, which means overall community resources are available to help people.
For more info contact Annie Tutt
, Director, Leadership Giving and Major Accounts, at 904-390-3254 or email email@example.com
Join in and get involved.
Individuals in their 20s, 30s and 40s who contribute $500 or more annually, with a minimum of 50 percent allocated to United Way's Community Impact Fund, are invited to become members of Atlantic Circle. Participants in this group will have an opportunity to become more involved in local issues by providing community service beyond their financial contribution.
Women in Local Leadership
Women in Local Leadership (WILL) was founded by a group of corporate, civic, and community leaders who are working together to create lasting, positive change in the lives of children and families in Northeast Florida. Their focus is to inform, involve, and inspire women to use their collective powers to make a difference.