United Way 2-1-1 is a 24-hour, 7 days a week, WEB-based and telephone community information and referral service covering nine counties throughout Northeast Florida. The service is nationally accredited by The Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS), the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) and certified statewide by the Florida Alliance of Information and Referral Services (FLAIRS). It uses a shared database to ensure callers are provided information about all the services they might need.
Go to the 2-1-1 website
2-1-1 Initiative Update
COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERS
- Florida Department of Children & Families
- City of Jacksonville
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- United Way of St. Johns County
- United Way of Suwannee Valley
- and more than 1,000 non-profit agencies
Over the last year, United Way 2-1-1:
- Provided information and referral services to more than 154,000 callers.
- Provided a central client data bank to include demographics and services received, to more than 70 member agencies via a shared database; thereby promoting service integration and reducing duplication of services and fraud and abuse.
- Provided critical data and data analysis to major community funders of health and social services specific to citizens' requests for services and community unmet needs.
- Provided 2-1-1 coverage to nine counties in Northeast Florida (Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Nassau, Baker, Putnam, Columbia, Suwannee, and Hamilton).