Full Service Schools of Jacksonville is a neighborhood-governed
collaboration designed to remove barriers to academic success.
Led by United Way, these school-based neighborhood centers bring
together community resources, neighbors and schools to promote
the health and well-being of students, their families, and
Each Full Service School site offers different services depending on
varying needs of the neighborhoods.
At nine years old, Destiny was on an emotional roller coaster. Struggling to understand and cope with her parents’ divorce, Destiny would lash out at those closest to her. Fear and anger made it difficult for her to concentrate in school and her grades dropped. Destiny’s mother, Michaelle, knew the family needed help but didn’t know where to turn. They were referred to Full Service Schools where Destiny received one-on-one counseling. Destiny is now a happy, well adjusted 10 year old and excelling in school. Destiny says, “I used to not be able to talk to anyone. Now my grades have gone up, and I can handle my parent’s situation better.”
COMMON SERVICES OFFERED
(all free of charge)
- Behavioral help for children
- Individual and family counseling
- Parenting classes
- Truancy Support
- After school activities
- Basic needs assistance
- Full Service Schools is the only free mental health resource for children in Duval County.
- In the last school year alone, more than 36,000 people were helped through Full Service Schools.
- Survey results show that 96% of parents witness improvement in their child's behavior.
- Students served in the most recent school year experienced a 52% reduction in behavioral referrals.
FULL SERVICE SCHOOL SITES AND RESPECTIVE CAMPUS LOCATIONS
Arlington Family Resource Center (Terry Parker High School)
8015 Parker School Road Jacksonville, FL 32211 904.858.1955
Beaches Resource Center (Fletcher High School)
700 Seagate Avenue Neptune Beach, FL 32266 904.270.8200
Englewood Family Resource Center (Englewood High School)
4412 Barnes Road Jacksonville, FL 32207 904.730.6289
Greater Springfield Resource Center (Andrew Jackson High School)
3816 Main Street Jacksonville, FL 32206 904.348.7388
Paxon Family Resource Center (James Weldon Johnson Middle)
1840 West 9th Street Jacksonville, FL 32209 904.348.7578
Ribault Family Resource Center (Ribault High School)
3701 Winton Drive Jacksonville, FL 32208 904.390.4019
Sandalwood Family Resource Center (Sandalwood High School)
2750 John Prom Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32246 • 904.348.7553
Westside Family Resource Center (Oak Hill Elementary School)
6910 Daughtry Boulevard S Jacksonville, FL 32210 904.390.3284
We acknowledge the generosity of our funding partners for providing resources we are able to leverage to the broader community.
- Jacksonville Children’s Commission
- Duval County Public Schools
- Duval County Health Department
- Lucy B. Gooding Charitable Foundation Trust
- St. Vincent’s Foundation
- United Way of Northeast Florida
To learn more, contact Shelley Grant
, Director of Full Service Schools
, at 904.390.3247